Core Spring is Pivotal’s official four-day flagship Spring Framework training. In this course, participants build a Spring-powered Java application that demonstrates the Spring Framework and other Spring technologies like Spring AOP and Spring Security in an intensely productive, hands-on setting.
Completion of this training prepares participants to take a certification exam and become a Pivotal certified Spring Professional.
At the end of the training, you should have an understanding of Spring and associated technologies and be able to do the following:
- Use the Spring Framework to develop Java applications.
- Use dependency injection to set up and configure applications.
- Test Spring-based applications.
- Configure Spring applications using Java configuration, annotations, or XML.
- Use JPA/Hibernate and JDBC with Spring to access relational databases.
- Use Spring support for transactions.
- Use aspect-oriented programming (AOP) to declaratively add behavior to applications.
- Develop a basic Web application with Spring MVC.
- Use Spring Security to secure Web applications.
- Use Spring to easily build REST web services.
- Use Spring to easily work with messaging APIs such as JMS.
- Add management with the JMX API.